Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update
Future Dental is responding to the changing times brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic by commencing a Tele-Dentistry on-line service.
This will allow not only existing patients but anyone, anywhere to be able to book an online video consultation.
What benefit is there for people to use this service?
Many people are forced into such social distancing and self-imposed isolation, that they are not prepared for a physical appointment and consultation.
A very experienced dental practitioner knows the exact questions needed to track down the source of most dental problems and we know the answer before we even look.
Yet, with this video hook-up and a little preparation, a visual assessment can then be done.
By going through this process, we can Triage the problems and let you know if it is safe to leave your issue a bit longer or whether you need urgent attention.
We can send a prescription for the suitable medications to your chosen pharmacy, prescribe the best dental X-Rays needed, recommend certain oral products and send a referral to the ideal specialist. We not only deal with tooth-aches and cranio-facial or TMJ pain, but also consult on children’s airway problems, baby’s tongue-tie problems, obstructive sleep apnoea, gum disease, cosmetic smile concerns other oral-health and appearance issues.
Our In-Practice Action Plan
- Additional hand sanitisers will be provided in the clinic. Please utilise these upon entering the clinic.
- Our reception and clinical staff have now increased the frequency of common area wipe downs with hospital grade disinfectant regularly throughout the day in the reception and clinical areas after each and every patient visit.
- Magazines and toys in the waiting room will be removed to limit patient contact.
- Patients & anyone with them (including children) are not allowed to enter the building if they have been overseas within the last 14 days. We’ll defer appointments for 2 weeks.
- Patients & anyone with them (including children) are not allowed into the building if they have ANY of the following symptoms (regardless of travel history) – fever, cough, widespread body aches (flu-like), sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, vomiting, or diarrhoea. They must not attend until they have been 100% well for at least 48 hours or have had a negative Coronavirus test.
- This may need to extend to those with sick people in their household or those who have travelled overseas within the last 14 days living in their household.
We will continue to update patients via email and the Future Dental website as information comes to hand. We appreciate your cooperation!